Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Eclipse and Maven

This one is really stupid, but it had me scratching my head for a long time, so ... in it goes.

I develop mainly on a powerful desktop machine in work. Recently however I was transferring some work to my laptop, so I could potentially work on some problems from home.

When I imported the project I was working on onto the same version of eclipse on my laptop it was producing errors.

We use mvn for our builds, so I did the usual thing, of running

mvn eclipse:clean eclipse:eclipse

Still no luck.

After much head scratching te problem was that I had never initialized my M2_REPO variable within my laptops version of eclipse. Therefore all the M2_REPO based libs that mvn eclipse:eclipse generates, were not pointing to anything.

Very annoying.

No comments: