Friday, April 10, 2009

Weblogic Jms error.. "Peer Gone"

"It is likely that the remote side declared peer gone on this JVM"

This error had been causing me grief for a long time.

The problem was fixed by updating my etc hosts file on the client machine... (/windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts on windows).

Some of our weblogic servers display the server name including domain name e.g. and some only display the server name (e.g. servername). By adding an entry for the target weblogic server in the etc/hosts the problem was fixed.

# For example:
# # source server
# # x client host localhost servername


larry24680 said...

THANK YOU! You saves me a lot of time. I got exactly the same problem and didn't know how to proceed my work until I found your post!

Shruthi said...

It worked for the similar issue. I had tried earlier adding in hosts file
ip server (did not work)
ip server (worked)
Thanks a lot!!!!